The European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT) is now organising a call for expressions of interest with a view to establishing a reserve list for Temporary Staff for the position of Grant Assurance Officer.
The place of employment will be Budapest (Hungary), where the EIT Headquarters are located.
Reporting to the Head of Unit “Partnerships Management”, the Grant Assurance Officer will contribute to the implementation and development of Knowledge and Innovation Communities (KICs) of the EIT, notably in the field of grant implementation, finance and assurance.
In particular the Grant Assurance Officer will be responsible for the following tasks and activities:
- Contributing to the improvement of overall governance and management and control systems of the EIT and KICs
- Contributing to the development and implementation of homogeneous and compatible procedures and methods for grant management (operational and financial)
- Advising the EIT management and KICs on financial issues, such as budget planning, procurement of contracts, amendments, simplification, legality, regularity and eligibility of grants, etc.
- Providing expertise in all the financial and contractual processes and development of related IT tools
- Contributing to the efficient functioning of the grant assurance team, providing back-up to other colleagues when needed
Coordination and support
- Contributing to the assessment of KIC Business Plans and amendments
- Performing verification of reporting documents submitted by the KICs (check of finance and procurement)
- Preparing the risk assessment of EIT and KICs in order to establish the monitoring, control and audit plans
- Management of external contracts with consultants and audit companies
- Liaise with external stakeholders controlling the EIT such as Commission services, European Parliament and the European Court of Auditors
- Ensuring quality/coherence of financial and contractual data
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Application deadline: 06 July 2015