Location: Brussels, Belgium
The European Disability Forum is recruiting an External Communications Officer.
The European Disability Forum (EDF) is seeking an enthusiastic and committed team member to be responsible for EDF external communications, based in our secretariat in Brussels. EDF is a non-governmental European umbrella organisation set up to represent organisations of persons with disabilities at EU level. Its membership includes 98 member Organisations including European NGOs and National Federations of organisations of persons with disabilities. EDF’s mission is to promote the equal opportunities and human rights of persons with disabilities towards the European Union.
- Writing news items for the EDF website and producing the EDF monthly newsletter ‘Disability Voice’;
- Increasing EDF’s visibility and active presence on social media (Twitter, Facebook) and supporting EDF and its members in Social Media Strategy and in the use of new technologies in external communication;
- Advising, developing and executing communication campaigns on a variety of subjects;
- Producing or supervising the production of accessible communication material such as electronic publications, banners, videos etc.;
- Dealing with media and interview requests, press briefings;
- Contributing to EDF project planning and reporting to ensure strategic planning and reporting on external communications;
- Co-ordinating with all EDF members and staff to ensure the visibility of EDF and its members’ work and activities in various areas;
- Additional tasks as required in the interest of EDF.
The ideal candidate has:
- Proven professional experience in positions with tasks closely related to the ones describe above;
- Strong communication (written and oral), analytical and presentation skills;
- Excellent knowledge and copy-writing/editing in English;
- Experience in accessible formats of communication tools;
- Experience with media and public relations;
- Good knowledge of the social media landscape;
- Experience with website management, publications and other public information tools;
- Basic knowledge of photo editing and design tools such as Photoshop;
- Experience in project management related to communication;
- Ability to develop communication strategies and plans;
- Excellent planning and time management skills;
- Ability to adapt to change and receptive to a fast-moving work environment;
- High degree of attention to detail and commitment to quality;
- Ability to work in a team and independently in his/her area of responsibility;
- Tact and ability to work effectively in a multinational environment with both internal and external stakeholders;
- Result orientation and strong motivation;
- Pro-activeness, flexibility and innovativeness;
- Familiarity with the field of human rights, disability or social inclusion;
- Genuine commitment to EDF’s values and goals.
Persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Gross starting salary: 2.800 euros per month plus benefits
Contract: Permanent contract
Closing date for receipt of applications: 18 December 2017 at 17.00 (Brussels time)
Date and location of the interview: 22 January 2018, Brussels
EDF is an equal opportunities employer.
Please send your CV, and a motivation letter by email to email@example.com.
In your motivation letter, please explain your motivation to apply for this specific job with EDF and briefly explain the role you feel external communication plays in promoting the rights of persons with disabilities in Europe. Your motivation letter should not be more than 2 pages.
In the case, that you are not an EU citizen, you should demonstrate you have the right to live and work in the EU.
Further information about EDF can be found on the EDF website: http://www.edf-feph.org.
Muriel Da Via
EDF Finance & Human Resources Officer