The European Patients’ Forum (EPF) was founded in 2003 to ensure that the patients’ community drives policies and programmes that affect patients’ lives to bring changes empowering them to be equal citizens in the EU.
EPF currently represents 67 members, which are national coalitions of patient organisations and disease-specific patient organisations working at European level. EPF reflects the voice of an estimated 150 million patients affected by various chronic diseases throughout Europe.
EPF is looking for an Events Officer. The Events Officer plans, organises and coordinates events and meetings in cooperation with the EPF team.
The portfolio of events to be organised include smaller events such as Board meetings, Working group meetings, and larger events such as the Annual General Meeting and project conferences.
• 3 years of experience in the field of events’ organisation;
• Superior planning and organisational skills;
• Good negotiation skills and relevant experience in budget management;
• Proven ability to set, communicate and maintain timelines and prioritise;
• Experience in managing suppliers and in managing call for tenders’ procedures;
• Ability to work in a fast pace environment;
• Fluency in English and at least one other EU language; Excellent communication and
interpersonal skills, both verbal and written;
• Commitment to the vision and the mission of the European Patients’ Forum;
• Empathy to peers; ability to anticipate and meet the needs of participants who are patients;
• Ability to work as part of team;
Contract: Part-time, 80% position, (until the end of 2017), renewable depending on performance. Gross salary: between1760 and 1920 EUR per month,depending on experience.
Deadline: 15 April 2017