The Application Developers Alliance is a non-profit global membership organization that supports developers as creators, innovators, and entrepreneurs. In addition to other offerings, we produce events for our network of developers throughout the year including workshops, meet-ups, summits, and more.
The Apps Alliance London office is seeking an energetic, self-starter intern to work with the European events team. You will have the opportunity to gain a detailed understanding of the app industry; work in a creative, fast-paced environment, and strengthen your skill set in event coordination, digital communications and marketing.
Essential job responsibilities include:
- Research suitable venues in various European cities;
- Assist with event logistics, such as food & beverage and audio visual requirements;
- Research and assist with marketing outreach to the developer community in different cities;
- Assist with managing on-site production and clean up for events as necessary;
- Prepare signage, nametags, materials, notebooks, packages, gift bags, registration lists etc.;
- Prepare content marketing emails and materials;
- Assist in writing for the Apps Alliance website and blog for European content
- Support EU Communications Manager with European content management of Apps Alliance social media channels;
- Represent the Alliance at conferences, trade shows, meet-ups and events where necessary;
- Book travel arrangements for the team; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Preferred Qualifications Include:
- Experience specializing in Marketing, Communications, PR, Brand Management, or Media-related subjects;
- Proficient using the latest versions of Microsoft Office and mail merges;
- Strong writing skills, preferably with experiencing in blogging;
- An interest in tech and mobile apps;
- Fluency in spoken and written English, with additional languages preferred;
- Self-starter with the ability to think, plan, and execute large projects; and
- Team player who can work with people from a broad range of backgrounds and experience.