Two positions as PhD Research Fellow within literatures in English are available in the Literature, Rights, and Imagined Communities project in the Department of Literature, Area Studies and European Languages (ILOS) at the University of Oslo (UiO).
The applicant must present an independent subproject that lies within the scope of the Literature, Rights, and Imagined Communities project. This subproject should be within literature in English, focusing on any period or periods between the Renaissance and the present.
The appointment is for a duration of three years.
A Master’s Degree or equivalent in English (literatures in English). The Master’s Degree must have been achieved by the time of application.
Personal suitability and motivation for the position.
In assessing the applications, special emphasis will be placed on:
- the applicant’s estimated academic and personal ability to complete the project within the time frame
- the applicant’s ability to complete research training
- good collaboration skills and an ability to join interdisciplinary academic communties
- the project’s scientific merit, research-related relevance and innovation
Applicants who have recently graduated with excellent results may also be given preference.
- salary level 50 – 56 (NOK 430 500 – 475 400, depending on qualifications)
- a professionally stimulating working environment
- attractive welfare benefits
Location: Oslo, Norway
Application deadline: 1 September 2015