University of Oslo, Department of Philosophy, Classics, History of Art and Ideas, is inviting applications for two PhD Research Fellowships in the History of Art/Design/Architecture.
The positions are part of the art history section’s research cluster Art, Technology and Design: Media Theoretical and Historical Perspectives. Two fellowships will be awarded to projects exploring the following areas:
- media technologies and media materialities in 20th and 21th century art.
- mediation processes or media technologies in the history of design and/or architecture.
Candidates who are accepted must participate in the Faculty of Humanities’ researcher education programme (cf. regulations and supplementary provisions for the faculty’s researcher education) and must also engage in the designated research activities on a full-time basis. The designated aim of the project is to complete a doctoral thesis to be defended at a public disputation for the degree of PhD.
Qualifications and personal skills
- A Master’s degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline and field
- Personal suitability and motivation for the position
- In assessing the application, special emphasis will be placed on:
- The project’s scientific and innovative merits
- The project’s relevance for the main research areas
- The applicant’s academic and personal qualifications to execute the project within the given time frame
- Good collaboration skills and the ability to contribute to interdisciplinary academic communities
University of Oslo offers:
- the salary level 50-56 (NOK 430 500-475 400, depending on level of expertise)
- a challenging and stimulating working environment
- attractive welfare benefits
Location: Oslo, Norway
Application deadline: 1 September 2015