ADE is a private consultancy company based in Louvain-la-Neuve, near Brussels.
It supports decision-makers in formulating, monitoring, implementing and evaluating public policies and strategies. ADE has three main areas of specialisation:
• Assistance to macro-economic reforms and to regional development;
• Rural development and environment;
• Evaluation methodology.
Key clients include the European Commission (various Directorates-General), EU Member States’ or Regions, cooperation agencies, the International Initiative for Impact Evaluation (3ie), etc.
The department of Agriculture and Environment
Since its creation, ADE has provided support for public decision-makers in Europe, in the often challenging agricultural and rural development policies faced by rural populations. Agriculture and rural areas are faced with changing issues and new requirements – in particular in terms of food security, competitiveness, respect for the environment and the development of rural societies – and benefit from ADE’s expertise and services.
Throughout the evolution of these policies, ADE has widened its area of expertise which now includes several closely related and complementary fields:
• Agricultural and rural development policies
• Value chain analysis and promotion of agricultural products
• Food security
• Environmental policies and climate change
The evaluation of agricultural and rural development policies in UE is aimed above all at analysing the results and impacts of these policies, providing recommendations about their effectiveness and efficiency and defining the orientations to be developed.
- A challenging internship, as part of your studies;
- An opportunity to gain experience within a leading research team in the area of high-level public policies and strategies;
- An opportunity to gain experience in working with major donors, such as European institutions;
- An opportunity to work in an international environment with highly-qualified colleagues;
- The possibility of developing your skills as a professional consultant and of applying them to a range of different sectors, both in Europe and/or worldwide.
- Active participation to the ongoing evaluation of Rural Development Programme 2014-2020 (EARDF) in Wallonia, notably activities related to The Common Monitoring and Evaluation Framework (common indicators):
- Data collection
- Quantitative and qualitative research and analysis
- Contributing to other ADE activities, including support to proposal writing and general business development.
MAIN SKILLS REQUIRED
- Currently studying for a Master university degree, preferably in Agronomy, Economics or any degree related to Rural Development, Agriculture and Environment or Evaluation;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Solid capabilities in qualitative and quantitative data analysis;
- Good writing skills;
- Experience and/or excellent knowledge of rural development, agriculture and environment and evaluation of public policies or research programmes;
- An excellent level of written and spoken French and English;
- Good knowledge and interest for the CAP (Common Agricultural Policy);
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in teams;
- Good command of the main computer software packages (Word, PowerPoint and Excel);
- Organisational and planning skills
- A training in Evaluation or a knowledge of Evaluation is an asset.
Interested candidates are welcome to send their application (CV and 1-page cover letter) in English to email@example.com for November 30th, 2017. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.