International Youth Organization Youth for Exchange and Understanding (YEU) is seeking for PROJECT OFFICER to be responsible for fundraising of the administrative and project expenses and project coordination on temporary basis until 30th April 2016 with possibility for extension. The person selected need to be familiar with NGOs, youth work and non-formal education. Fluency in French would be an advantage.
The position is vacant from May 1st 2015.
Youth for Exchange and Understanding, is an international youth organization. It was founded in Strasburg, in 1986, by a group of 120 people, from 11 different countries. Today it’s a member of the European Youth Forum and carries the title of an International Non-Governmental Organization, recognized by both the Council of Europe and the European Union. Almost 30 years after its foundation, YEU, today, counts with 33 Member Organisations across Europe and Africa. YEU works for the benefit of all young people in Europe.
– Preparation and implementation of the fundraising proposals to the different stakeholders: business sector, foundations and national/regional/local authorities;
– Implementation of YEU projects in coordination with other staff members;
– Overall project preparation with special attention on co-funding; coordination and management of project documentation;
-Support to member organisations to develop their capacities in fundraising and project management
– Writing of the applications, monitoring, analyses and final reporting of the international activities;
– Regular contacts and development of relations with external partners and stakeholders
– Supporting the office in administrative tasks and reporting to the Secretary General;
PROFILE, COMPETENCES AND REQUIREMENTS
-At least 3 years of experience in international youth work (professional and/or volunteer)
-Experience in fundraising from different sources
-Excellent project management and event management skills (Please mention projects and initiatives implemented from the preparatory phase until its realization with the relevant references);
-Good understanding of youth work and non-formal education
-Good communication skills, empathy, tolerance and team spirit;
-Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines set by external stakeholders and internal procedures;
-Very good knowledge of the European institutions and business sector;
-Excellent knowledge (written and oral) of English and preferably French;
-Able to motivate colleagues and volunteers and coordinate international teams;
-Has a sensitivity to cultural differences with ability to work in an international and intercultural environment;
-Good IT skills;
-Willingness to travel regularly and be flexible with working hours;
-Self motivated and able to take initiatives;
-Readiness to live in Brussels, Belgium;
-Availability to start the position in 1st May 2015;
YEU INTERNATIONAL OFFERS
– An opportunity to develop your skills and gain experience working for an International Network;
– Intercultural, friendly and exiting working environment
– A one year full time contract (38 hours per week) under Belgian law. Salary includes standard benefits such as public transport reimbursement.
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Application deadline: 2nd of March 2015, 23:59h CET