|20 March 2017, 13:00 Europe/Vilnius|
The European Institute for Gender Equality (EIGE) is organising a call for applications with a view to establishing a reserve list for the post of Administrative Agent – Assistance to EU pre-accession countries.
The Instrument for Pre-Accession Assistance (IPA) provides financial support to pre-accession countries aiming to help prepare for their potential future EU membership. ’s IPA project aims at engaging the candidate countries in gender-equal policy making and benefiting from synergies with the EU-wide gender equality initiatives, such as EIGE’s Gender Equality Index. The project currently covers cooperation with the Western Balkan countries and Turkey.
The registration of applications will begin on 18 January 2017 and will close on 20 March 2017 at 13:00 Eastern European Time.
Under the supervision of the Head of Knowledge Management and Communications Unit and working in close collaboration with other colleagues and external contractors, the jobholder will coordinate the management and implementation of the Institute’s activities with EU candidate countries under the framework of the Instrument for Pre-accession Assistance (IPA), aiming to support preparations for a potential accession.
The Jobholder will be required to develop contacts, provide advice, and collaborate with partners in each candidate country, with an aim to building their capacities and engaging in EIGE’s activities.
The post demands a proactive team player who displays an excellent attention to detail, ability to manage multiple tasks and works efficiently as part of a multicultural and multidisciplinary team.
The jobholder will be involved in the following tasks and activities:
- Plan, manage and implement the Institute’s activity on pre-accession support to IPA countries within the area of gender equality;
- Maintain good relations and contact with the European Commission (DG NEAR) and the European External Action Service (EEAS) concerning the implementation of the project and its budget;
- Together with management and relevant colleagues identify and propose areas of the Institute’s work which may be of benefit to the IPA countries;
- Manage procurement procedures and prepare Terms of Reference to contract translators, conference organisers and other relevant support for the planned activities;
- Develop and maintain regular contacts with the beneficiary institutions, and partners in the candidate countries through on-site visits and technical advice;
- Plan and monitor the budget of the project;
- Draft the required technical and financial reports and other documents (e.g. intermediate and final reports) for the project;
- Contribute with timely and qualitative information to the Institute’s reporting and planning documents;
- Respond to information requests concerning the IPA project in specific candidate countries and the Commission;
- Perform any other related tasks assigned by EIGE’s management.
Read more and apply here.