Position: Volunteer Organizer
Location: Vancouver, BC
Reports to: Volunteer Program Coordinator
Salary rate: $ 40,127 per year
Closing date for applications: October 3, 2014
The Volunteer Organizer is a dynamic position that will require you to contribute to the development, expansion and implementation of the volunteer program. You will be part of the national volunteer program team and contribute in the development of a plan and strategies for this programme.
Your responsibilities include:
- Contribute to implementation of volunteer program strategies within Greenpeace Canada.
- Develop projects for volunteers both online and offline, establish objectives, strategies and tactics within the global Greenpeace objectives.
- Contribute to design, development and implementation of volunteer projects and materials that will help in achieving Greenpeace campaign objectives.
- Strengthen, broaden and diversify Greenpeace’s network of volunteers and local groups. Provide input into the development of objectives, and annual work-plan based on Greenpeace Canada’s volunteer program strategy.
- Recruitment and management of volunteers in Vancouver to support our campaigns and office while sustaining volunteer local groups in BC and Alberta.
- As part of a national team contribute to the implementation of a volunteer-based local group structure. Build capacity within local and regional groups through local leadership development, organized trainings, resources, materials and collaborative planning.
- Regularly update national team and other colleagues/departments.
- Plan, lead and organize volunteer activities.
- Recruit, screen, motivate, engage, train and supervise volunteers.
- Organize volunteer/activist meetings. Prepare and circulate information prior to meetings. Update attendees of these meetings. Follow through, evaluate and report after meetings.
- Organize volunteer participation in events. Research, gather and circulate information, organize trainings and information sessions prior to events. Follow through, evaluate and report after events.
- Development of materials such as correspondence, orientation packages, information for the web-site, trainings, etc.
- Updating the Greenpeace web site, social media groups and volunteer email lists regularly on campaigns and volunteer activities, while encouraging and fostering volunteer involvement and contributions.
- Prepare and send out monthly e-newsletters to volunteers in British Columbia and Alberta
- Contribute updates to the quarterly National Volunteer newsletter.
- Responsible for regular work planning including submission of regular reports to supervisor. Keep supervisor and colleagues up to date on work schedule and out of office time. Participate in all meetings (team, department and staff) as required.
- Maintain a volunteer database.
- Support and network with likeminded ENGOS and grassroots initiatives in Vancouver.
- Other responsibilities as required.