OPEN TO INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL CANDIDATES
|Duty Station:||Regional Office in Brussels, Belgium|
|Position title:||Project Finance Analyst|
|Organizational Unit:||RO Projects Finance and Admin support|
|Type of Appointment:||One Year Fixed Term contract (with a possibility of extension)|
|Estimated Starting Date:||ASAP|
|Reference Code:||VN 2016-03|
Under the general supervision of the Senior Regional Resource Management Officer (SRRMO) and in close coordination with the EU Financial Compliance Officer the incumbent will reinforce the resource management department and will be specifically responsible for providing technical assistance in the financial management of the RO Brussels implemented projects and in ensuring application of and compliance with the financial and administrative rules that apply to the project.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Ensure that IOM financial regulations, as well as EU regulations applicable to RO implemented projects managed by the RO Brussels Programmes Implementation Unit (PIU) and Migration and Health Unit respectively, are correctly applied on all financial transactions and that the project’s financial transactions are entered into the IOM accounting system;
- Verify compliance with procurement process for goods and/or services, including contracting conditions in line applicable rules;
- Prepare reimbursements of expenses for Travel, and other expenses after due verification;
- Verify staff remuneration processing in line with the applicable regulations for IOM and donors;
- Follow up on Accounts Payable processing insuring timely coverage of obligations, in close coordination with the Accounting Section;
- Prepare and distribute administrative and financial instructions to IOM offices and colleagues that are involved in the disbursement of project funds, ensuring application of IOM’s and EU regulations;
- Ensure proper and systematic filing of all validated financial and administrative documents vis-à-vis an adequate administrative and financial control, and future audit;
- Closely monitor, on a regular basis, budgets versus actual financial data in relation to the implementation of the projects;
- Advice the Project Manager and periodically report to the Senior Regional Resource Management Officer on the financial implementation of the project highlighting points of risks such as (but not limited to) budget shortfalls, high budget burning rates, etc.;
- Prepare budget revisions and advice the Project Manager on the need to redistribute budget lines, and or presentation of Budget Revisions to donors;
- Contribute to the development of annual budgets; develop and implement project budgeting and forecasting systems in coordination with project implementation team and the involved IOM field mission.
- Provide annual standard financial reporting submissions to EU and other donors, including budget revision, account reconciliations, required co funding reporting, as well as other financial information in a timely and accurate manner.
- Review and monitor partners’ financial reporting and compliance. Provide additional technical assistance to project partners as necessary to maintain high standards of compliance.
- Effectively stay abreast of IOM and donor policies, procedures, rules and regulations; compile and update applicable policies; and train project and project partners’ staff on these policies as required.
- Provide general support to the team in the absence of the other colleagues in the Finance Department.
- Perform other related duties as may be required.
a) Takes responsibility and manages constructive criticism; b) Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with clients and stakeholders; c) Promotes continuous learning and contributes to colleagues’ learning; d) Writes and communicates clearly and effectively, adapting wording and style to the intended audience; e) Actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services and proactively develops new ways to resolve problems; f) Plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility; g) Works effectively with people from different cultures by adapting to relevant cultural contexts; h) Contributes to, and follows team objectives; i) Incorporates gender-related needs, perspectives, and concerns, and promotes equal gender participation; j) Displays awareness of relevant technological solutions; k) Works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
a) Effectively applies knowledge of relevant financial discipline; b) Develops / follows internal control procedures to prevent fraud and mismanagement; c) Ensures application of institutional financial policies and guidelines; d) Advocates incorporation of financial considerations into processes and procedures.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
a) Completed Batchelor’s degree from an accredited academic institution, preferably in Accounting or Business Administration, or alternatively, an equivalent combination of relevant training and experience in accounting or finance; b) five years of experience in financial management, accounting and budgeting; c) Ability to review a variety of data, identify and adjust data discrepancies.
Fluency in oral and written English and French is required.
- Post is subject to local recruitment. Only persons holding a valid residence and work permit for Belgium will be eligible for consideration.
Method of Application:
Applications (Personal History Form or CV and motivation/cover letter) should be addressed to IOMBrusselsApplications@iom.int quoting the above vacancy notice number.
Closing date: 4th February 2016