- To provide trainees an understanding of the objectives and activities of ENISA.
- To enable trainees to acquire practical experience and knowledge of the day-today work of ENISA Departments and Units.
- To promote European integration within the spirit of new governance and through active participation to create awareness of true European citizenship.
- To enable trainees to put into practice knowledge acquired during their studies, or professional careers.
ENISA through its traineeship scheme benefits from the input of enthusiastic graduates who can give a fresh point of view and up-to-date academic knowledge, which will enhance the everyday work of ENISA.
Every year the Executive Director shall decide the number of traineeships to be offered in each Department, depending on the level of funds available and on the capacity of each Department to accommodate trainees.
Traineeship at ENISA is addressed mainly to university graduates, without excluding those who in the framework of lifelong learning have recently obtained a university diploma or are at the beginning of a new professional career.
- Trainees have to be nationals of a member state of the European Union or of Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein.
- Applicants must have completed the first cycle of a higher university education course and to have obtained a full degree or its equivalent by the closing date for applications.
- Very good knowledge of at least two EU languages, one of which should be the main working language of ENISA (English).
Applications for traineeships at ENISA are accepted in the following areas:
1. Network Information Security (NIS): in the following areas: – Security technologies – Security & resilience of communications networks – Critical Information Infrastructure – NIS standardisation & regulation – Electronic Identity & authentication technologies – Information Security Statistics – Economics of NIS;
2. Administration and Support: in the following areas – General Administration – Financial Administration, Human Resources – Internal Audit – Legal – Information Technology (IT).
The monthly grant available to trainees for these positions will be €1000 per month net of income tax.
The ENISA Headquarters are located in Heraklion, Greece.
Dec 31, 2015