Senior Project Officer (Grade B5)
Office of the Directorate General of Programmes
Council of Europe Office in Kyiv
Under the authority of the Head of the Council of Europe Office and the supervision of the Project Co-ordinator in the International Organisations and Civil Society Division (DG I), the Senior Project Officer will carry out various assignments to help meet the overall and specific objectives of the Joint European Union/Council of Europe Project “Consolidation of Justice Sector Policy Development in Ukraine”.
For this purpose, the Senior Project Officer will be responsible in particular for the co-ordination of activities with the recipients and partners, for the planning and organisation of all operational activities and for follow-up as necessary under the project.
Employment is limited to the duration of the Project that is expected to end on 22 December 2016.
The Senior Project Officer shall perform the following tasks in accordance with the Organisation’s procedures, guidelines and priorities, with a concern for quality, efficiency, accuracy and confidentiality and in close co-operation with the Project Co-ordinator in headquarters:
– Plan, organise, implement and follow-up on Project activities in accordance with the Project work plan and calendar of activities, in co-operation with the local partners and stakeholders;
– Establish and develop effective contacts with partners, national stakeholders and experts as regards the Project implementation;
– Draft or contribute to the drafting of reports, thematic and other documents related to Project activities and objectives, in particular in Ukrainian;
– Participate in Project events and meetings and undertake follow-up action;
– Contribute to raising the visibility of the Project by disseminating information to those concerned and ensuring adequate information flow between the Project stakeholders, relevant partners and experts; provide input for publications;
– Provide content-related and organisational assistance to headquarters-based staff and short-term consultants carrying out assignments and missions in the field;
– Inform regularly the Head of the Council of Europe Office on the implementation of the Project;
– Advise and provide updates to the headquarters-based staff and short-term consultants on the developments in the legal and policy framework of Ukraine that is relevant to the Project;
– Propose adjustments to the content and methodology of the Project work plan as appropriate;
– Ensure close budgetary follow-up of all Project expenditure in accordance with the Council of Europe procedures and regulations and donor requirements;
– Inform the Secretariat in headquarters, in co-ordination with the Head of Office, in case of problems, and advise on action to overcome these;
– Undertake official journeys in connection with the activities described above.
Please note that the incumbent may be required to perform other duties not listed in the vacancy notice.
Location : Kyiv, Ukraine
Closing date: 20 April 2015
Read more and apply here.