The Council of Europe is looking for a SAP System Administrator
Directorate General of Democracy
European Directorate for the Quality of Medicines & HealthCare
The incumbent performs all or a combination of the following duties:
– carries out software development pertaining to the EDQM’s implementation of SAP;
– supports business needs by providing development and implementation expertise for SAP using ABAP and JAVA technologies;
– collaborates with other teams within DPM, as well as sub-contracted companies involved in definition of functional requirements based on business processes and translating them into tangible development projects and activities;
– undertakes rigorous, controlled, testing of SAP instances, simulating real-world situations and deploys approved solutions as stability improvements or enhancements;
– provides expert knowledge and understanding of SAP ecosystem including its interfacing abilities to DPM;
– provides application development support through facilitation of change requests/enhancements/other issues) and ensures stringent quality control prior – and after- release of new functionalities and other deliverables;
– as a key member of SAP project team, provides technical expertise to DPM and/or sub-contracted companies involved in applications development and maintenance activities;
– assists in preparation of training documentation and transition plans.
Under the authority of the Director of the European Directorate for the Quality of Medicines & HealthCare and the Head of the Publications and Multimedia Department, the incumbent shall contribute to the smooth running of ICT systems.
Publications and Multimedia Department (DPM)
Closing Date: 07 November 2013
Location : Strasbourg