Project Officer (Grade B4)
Office of the Directorate General of Programmes
Council of Europe Office in Pristina
Under the authority of the Head of Office and the supervision of the Head of the Strategic Partnerships Unit and the Programme Manager in the Support Team of the Special Representative for the Secretary General for Roma Issues, the incumbent will carry out multiple assignments to help meet the overall and specific objectives for the implementation of the EU/CoE Joint Programme ROMACTED “Promoting good governance and Roma empowerment at local level” in Kosovo*.
Employment is limited to the duration of the Project which is expected to end on 30 April 2020.
Local recruitment procedure organised in accordance with Rule No 1234 of 15 December 2005
The incumbent performs the following key duties in accordance with the Council of Europe’s procedures, guidelines and priorities with a concern for quality, efficiency, accuracy and confidentiality:
- assists with the organisation, co-ordination, implementation and follow-up of project activities in accordance with the Project work plan and its calendar of activities, in close co-operation and co-ordination with the Programme Manager, ensuring timely delivery;
- assists the Council of Europe experts, National focal points, facilitators, trainers to adjust and apply tasks and methodology into the local context and coordinates their actions;
- establishes and maintains close contacts with relevant stakeholders at national and local levels (authorities, communities, NGOs, international organisations, other relevant projects and initiatives) including the EU Delegation task managers responsible for Roma inclusion issues;
- provides effective assessment of results and achievements;
- ensures a regular information flow on the activities organised, progress in project implementation, as well as reports problems encountered;
- prepares reports and provides substance input and regular advice to Headquarters and monitors developments in the field of Roma inclusion;
- provides input on and deriving from programme activities and developments and incorporates them into future activities and plans;
- informs regularly the Programme Manager on the state of implementation of the project and co-ordinates his/her work within the broader framework of the overall Council of Europe Office action, suggests priorities and adjustments as necessary;
- ensures the visibility of the programme by providing substantial input for web, social media, brochures, press releases, newsletters, etc.;
- participates in meetings between CoE and national and local authorities, community, and other stakeholders, representing the CoE and the programme;
- serves as country programme advisor;
- assists CoE experts to ‘translate’ standards into the domestic context;
- ensures close budgetary follow-up of all activities and expenditures;
- supports headquarters-based staff and short-term consultants when carrying out tasks and missions in the field;
- supports the implementation of grants in the municipalities;
- contributes to the efficient functioning of the office, in collaboration with colleagues and the direct project management;
- undertakes official journeys in connection with activities described above.
Please note that the incumbent may be required to perform other duties not listed in the vacancy notice.
Location : Pristina, Kosovo
Closing date: 29 May 2017
* This designation is without prejudice to positions on status, and is in line with UNSCR 1244/1999 and the ICJ Opinion on the Kosovo Declaration of Independence