The University of Luxembourg is seeking to recruit a:
Postdoctoral Researcher on the project “A Preschool Oral Language Intervention Program for Portuguese Language Minority Children in Luxembourg” (M/F)
The Postdoctoral researcher will be a member of the Cognitive Development Lab within the Research Unit “Education and Learning” of the Faculty of Language and Literature, Humanities, Arts and Education. The project is funded by the National Research Fund Luxembourg (FNR) and runs in collaboration with the University of Oxford (UK), the University College London (UK), the University of São Paulo (USP, Brazil), as well as the Luxembourgish Ministry of Education (SCRIPT).
Develop and evaluate the effectiveness of a mother tongue-based preschool language intervention program on the language and literacy outcomes of Portuguese language-minority children growing up in the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg using a randomised controlled study (RCT) design.
- Development and implementation of the oral language intervention in Portuguese
- Training and monitoring of teaching assistants
- Screening and assessment of young children
- Liaise effectively with schools, parents, and other project partners
- Data analyses
- Publications of research findings
- Mentor junior researchers working on the project
Application deadline: January 31st, 2014