The British School of Brussels (BSB) is an independent, fee-paying, not for profit international school meeting the needs of internationally mobile and expatriate families in Belgium as well as local families who want an international education for children aged from 1 to 18 years. BSB is made up of two schools: Primary and Secondary with over 1300 students from 70 nations. English is the main language of tuition, with options available to follow a bilingual French/English class for 4-13 year olds.
Students at BSB follow a British-based curriculum up to age16.
The British School of Brussels (BSB) is looking for a Part-time Secondary School Assistant Librarian
- to work with the Librarian to ensure the smooth running of the Secondary School Library.
- to carry out all Library administrative tasks as directed by the Librarian, such as running the circulation desk, shelving, cataloguing and stocktaking.
- to use their wide knowledge of literature and non-fiction texts to advise and assist students, parents and staff select appropriate reading material.
- to supervise students’ study and reading in the Library and ensure a calm and purposeful atmosphere.
- to specifically direct and supervise a group of Senior Section CAS students with administrative tasks such as book covering and display work.
- to take creative initiative; for example, in organising and rotating topical library displays.
- to deputise for the Librarian when he/she is not on duty.
The deadline for applications is 10 January 2014 at 16.00 (Belgian time).