Dates: June 21-22, 2016 (Brussels, Hotel Bloom) – postponed
Cullen International’s masterclass in EU media regulation provides, in a nutshell, all you need to know on EU regulation for the audiovisual sector.
This two day training provides attendees with:
- a historical perspective of European audiovisual regulation
- a clear overview of regulatory concepts, issues, and developments in the audiovisual sector
- an insight into how connected TV, over-the-top television (OTT) and video-on-demand (VOD) provided on the internet are challenging the existing regulatory framework
- an explanation of the net neutrality debate
- an overview of the evolution of digital terrestrial television (DTT) and of where challenges lie
- an update of recent developments relating to access to premium content
- a clear picture of the international and EU legislative framework on copyright and the practical aspects of clearing rights
This class will be of particular interest to:
- seasoned regulatory experts who have become specialised in a specific regulatory area but who wish to refresh their understanding of the broader range of regulatory issues, or
- individuals who have recently moved into a regulatory position and wish to acquire a rapid grasp of the key debates, or
- regulatory experts who wish to reflect on regulatory trends in industry.
This seminar is not designed for experts who already have a broad range of regulatory experience.