Cullen International’s masterclass explains the key elements of the rapidly changing EU regulatory framework shaping the digital economy, including the European Digital Single Market Strategy. It has a special focus on over-the-top (OTT) services and online platforms.
This two-day training provides attendees with a clear overview of:
- the European Commission’s Digital Single Market (DSM) strategy and follow-up actions;
- the regulatory concepts, mechanisms, and challenges relevant to the digital economy;
- the privacy regulatory framework affecting both electronic communications service providers and other types of digital services providers, with a special emphasis on the changes that will be introduced at the EU level with the adoption of the e-Privacy regulation and the entry in application of the new General Data Protection Regulation;
- recent EU developments relating to cybersecurity;
- recent EU developments covering platforms;
- other developments relevant for the development of cloud and Internet of Things services;
- the role of competition law (vs. ex-ante regulation) in tackling the conduct of internet companies, including on geo-blocking and discriminatory selling practices.