Polish-American Freedom Foundation
Founder of the Program
Education for Democracy Foundation
Program Administrator – since August 2013
announce an open competition for candidates from
Ukraine, Belarus, Russia, as well as Moldova, Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan and Kyrgyz Republic for
THE LANE KIRKLAND SCHOLARSHIPS in the 2014-15 academic year
The Program is addressed to young leaders, holding MA university degrees, who are determined to be actively involved in the development of democracy, economy and civil society in their countries and the region. The program includes two semesters of study at Polish universities and 2-4 week professional internships in public and private institutions.
• Economics and Management
• Administration / Management (i.e. business, NGOs, culture, environment protection and healthcare)
• Public Administration (Central and Local Government Administration)
• Social Sciences (Social Psychology, Sociology)
• Political Science and International Relations
• Development Policy and Humanitarian Aid
Monthly stipend paid to Kirkland grantees in Polish currency: about 1800 PLN. In addition, the scholarship covers the following costs: university fees; accommodation; insurance; one return ticket to Poland; public transportation tickets; purchase of research materials. Laptop computers lent to the grantees for the period of scholarship, can become their property after all the scholarship program requirements have been fulfilled.
Application deadline: March 1, 2014