This junior fellowship program aims to support the research of Ukrainian scholars who are completing or have recently completed doctoral studies in a Ukrainian institution of higher education. It offers access to the resources of the IWM in Vienna to younger researchers who have demonstrated exceptional talent to allow them to work on a research project of their own choice.
The fellowships are open to all academic disciplines in the social sciences (including history). Research proposals related to one of the Institute’s main research fields are strongly encouraged.
Candidates for the fellowship
- must be Ukrainian citizens
- must be enrolled in a doctoral program at a Ukrainian institution of higher education or have recently obtained a Ph.D.
- must not be older than 35 years
Senior Visiting Fellowships in this program are granted by invitation only.
The candidates selected will be invited to spend January to June 2016 at the IWM to pursue their research projects. Junior Visiting Fellows will receive a stipend of EUR 1,800 per month to cover accommodation, living expenses, travel, health insurance and any incidental costs related to their stay in Vienna.
In addition, the IWM provides fellows with a personal office, including access to internet, in-house research and administrative facilities as well as other services free of charge.
How to apply?
Applications have to be submitted using the and should include:
- a project proposal in English (max. 3 double-spaced pages)
- a curriculum vitae in English
- a list of publications
- two letters of recommendation by scholars familiar with the applicant’s academic work
In order to apply, .
Deadline for application is 28 September 2015.
For more information please visit