The European Ombudsman offers the opportunity to a web developer trainee to assist in the development of the Ombudsman’s Internet and Extranet sites
The profile sought is as follows:
- Good knowledge of Java, J2ee, and HTML
- Knowledge of JavaServer Faces, MyFaces, SVN, Maven, Hibernate, Spring, Tomcat, and SQL
- Development environment: Windows 7 and Eclipse
- Integration environment: Unix
- Working languages: English and/or French
The traineeship will take place in Strasbourg. The start date is defined with the selected trainee.
The traineeship has a minimum duration of four months. It can be extended for a period left to the Ombudsman’s discretion, normally up to a maximum of 12 months.
The traineeship will be paid according to the conditions defined by the decision of the European Ombudsman concerning traineeships (see additional information). The allowance paid by the Ombudsman in Strasbourg is about €1400 per month.
Candidates should apply either for the traineeship period starting on 1 September or the period starting on 1 January. Applications must be sent before 30 April for the traineeship period starting on 1 September and before 31 August for the traineeship period starting on 1 January of the following year.