EENA, the European Emergency Number Association, is a Brussels-based NGO set up in 1999 dedicated to promoting high-quality emergency services reached by the number 112 throughout the EU. EENA serves as a discussion platform for emergency services, public authorities, decision makers, researchers, associations and solution providers with a view to improving the emergency response in accordance with citizens’ requirements. EENA is also promoting the establishment of an efficient system for alerting citizens about imminent or developing emergencies.
The EENA memberships include more than 1300 emergency services representatives from over 80 countries world-wide, 90 solution providers, 15 international associations/organisations, 200 Members of the European Parliament and 60 researchers.
EENA is looking for an Events Intern who will support our Events Coordinator in the framework of EENA events organisation:
EENA Conference & Exhibition 2018
112 Awards Ceremony
EENA CrisisTech Kick-Off Workshop
EENA Business Partners Networking event
and so on…
The position is multidisciplinary and requires flexibility and adaptation to a rather small but quickly growing and dynamic NGO environment. EENA is a European association and, thus, an understanding of the world of European affairs and the European Union is expected.
As an Events Intern, your mission will be to support the Events Coordinator all along the events organisation process:
- Invitations and registrations,
- Speakers management,
- Exhibitors and sponsors management (e.g. issuing invoices, collecting event material…),
- Relationships with hotels and venues
- Coordination of suppliers,
- Coordination of conference materials conception and production,
- Booking flights, hotel rooms, taxis, restaurants,
- Other tasks as required.
The intern may also be asked to support the EENA team with other tasks.
- Fluent in French and English;
- Highly organised & strong attention to details;
- Ability to multitask and prioritise among simultaneous rapidly evolving projects;
- Highly reliable;
- Tenacious, results-oriented and self-driven;
- Eager to continuously learn;
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc);
- Committed to the objectives of EENA and citizens’ rights;
- Based in Brussels.
- A 6-months internship starting in January 2018
- Internship remunerated
- Office hours are Monday to Friday, 9.00 am to 6.00 pm; but the Events Intern will be invited to work and travel outside working hours including evenings and weekends in the context of EENA events
Applications (CV and cover letter) have to be sent to directly to Taviana Caminiti (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 04 December.
Read more and apply here.