The European Council on Foreign Relations (ECFR) is the first pan-European think tank. Launched in October 2007, its objective is to conduct research and promote informed debate across Europe on the development of coherent and effective European values based foreign policy.
They are looking for a communications intern for three to six months to start as soon as possible.
Working from ECFR’s London office for 20 hours a week, the intern will support the communications unit in organising ECFR’s media profile and implementing its communications strategies
– Assisting the communications team in updating and promoting ECFR’s website/social media presence
– Monitoring media coverage and updating ECFR’s database of media appearances/media contacts
– Proofreading and basic fact checking
– Other tasks as required by the communications team
Experience and skills
– Excellent IT skills (Microsoft Office, especially Excel) including some knowledge of database – maintenance
– Experience using social media in a professional context
– Good graphic design skills and experience with Photoshop and/or Gimp
– Excellent communications skills, ability to multi-task and prioritise, good organisational skills, and eye for detail. Interest in international relations, European foreign policy and EU politics
– Excellent written and spoken English, knowledge of a second European language would be an advantage
– An exciting opportunity to gain work experience in a challenging, fast-paced environment with a diverse team
– A small stipend to cover transport and lunch costs
Application deadline: 4 January 2015.