The European Council on Foreign Relations (ECFR) is a pan-European initiative which seeks to conduct research and promote informed debate across Europe on the development of coherent, effective, and values-based European foreign policy.
ECFR is seeking an enthusiastic and energetic individual to fill the position of Communication and Advocacy Intern.
This individual will report to the Head of Office and Programme Coordinator, and will provide strategic communications support to the Paris Bureau of ECFR.
The primary responsibilities of the intern are as follows:
● Disseminate communication and advocacy documents.
● Develop relations with media and improve the media coverage of ECFR activities in the French press through op-ed placements, interviews, etc.
● Coordinate the communication portfolio of the Paris bureau (website, Twitter, Facebook) in cooperation with the Programme Coordinator and the Head of Office.
● Support the Paris office in communication reporting.
● Organise events on issues related to the advocacy focus of ECFR.
● Communication reporting.
● Support the programme coordinator in the administration and other office-related tasks.
● University/Business School degree in communication, public policy, or international relations.
● High proficiency in social network strategy, website management, and database management.
● Superior drafting skills with a strong command of French and English.
● Extensive knowledge of the EU and government institutions.
● Flexible, proactive, and able to multi-task.
● Well-organised, with a keen eye for details.
● Able to work independently and as part of a multinational team.
The intern will receive 554,40 € in compensation, as well as lunch vouchers and reimbursement of the Pass Navigo.
Successful candidates will acquire valuable work experience in a major, pan-European research institution and the opportunity to work in a challenging, fast-paced environment with a diverse and multinational team.
Location: Paris, France
Duration: 5 months, full-time, starting September 1st
Application deadline: July 31st 2015