The European Commission’s Directorate General for Humanitarian Aid and Civil Protection (ECHO) funds relief operations for victims of natural disasters and conflicts outside the European Union. For humanitarian aid, the Commission works with about 200 operational partners, including United Nations agencies, the Red Cross/Crescent movement and non-governmental organizations (NGOs). Aid is channelled impartially, straight to victims, regardless of their race, ethnic group, religion, gender, age, nationality or political affiliation.
The ECHO office based in Bangkok, Thailand, requires a SECRETARY/RECEPTIONIST (Group IV).
The candidate must have:
- A relevant secondary education or equivalent professional experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience;
- Good drafting skills;
- Good communication skills in English language (speaking & writing);
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment;
- Capacity to work in a multitasking position;
- Previous experience in a Governmental or other International Organisation is an advantage;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.);
- Excellent knowledge of Thai language (speaking & writing); and
- Knowledge of French language will be an advantage.
As a part of a dynamic team, the SECRETARY/RECEPTIONIST will ensure an efficient support to the assigned team, and an effective coordination with other interlocutors, through appropriate secretarial & reception duties.
Application deadline: 13 March 2015 17:00 hrs local time in Bangkok at the latest