EuropaBio works through an outstanding team of motivated and dedicated individuals to promote an innovative and dynamic biotechnology-based industry in Europe. Our members are involved in research, development, testing, manufacturing and commercialisation of biotechnology products and processes. Our corporate members have a wide range of activities: human and animal health care, diagnostics, bio-informatics, chemicals, crop protection, agriculture, food and environmental products and services. We also represent a number of national biotechnology associations in Europe which in turn represent more than 1.800 biotech SMEs. Learn more about EuropaBio on www.europabio.org.
Today, the Healthcare Biotechnology Team of EuropaBio is looking for a motivated intern for a period of 6 months. You would be working closely with industry experts within a small and dynamic multinational team, based in the EuropaBio office, in Brussels. This internship would provide valuable insights, contacts and experience for candidates interested in policy development, advocacy and implementation in a fast-growing sector, involving the EU institutions and various relevant stakeholders. This internship will allow direct involvement in priority work areas for EuropaBio Healthcare (e.g. Advanced Therapies, Orphan Medicines, R&D policies, Personalised Medicine, Biosimilars, and patients’ access to innovative treatments), under the supervision of the other team members.
During the six months period, the intern will be asked to assist with a range of tasks. These may include requests to:
- Assist in updating, researching and drafting Healthcare Biotechnology policy documents and position papers;
- Help with the preparation of internal and external communications materials and correspondence for the team;
- Monitor press, help to review and summarise news on the Healthcare Biotechnology industries and assist with the preparation of the Association’s internal and external newsletters;
- Help with monitoring and mapping developments and activities in and around the European Council, Parliament and Commission on a wide variety of topics;
- Attend and report on external events;
- Assist with essential support tasks for the Healthcare Biotechnology team, including for the organisation of events, the management of working group meetings, and drafting of minutes.
- Must be an EU citizen (with the necessary permits to work throughout the EU);
- Graduated in EU affairs and/or public health, political sciences, law or other area relevant to Healthcare Biotechnology;
- Must have an interest in the Healthcare Biotechnology sector;
- Must have a very high standard of both written and spoken English (office language); fluency in other EU languages will be considered an asset;
- Must have strong drafting skills and attention to detail;
- Should be a good team player but also capable of working independently;
- Must be able to present work in a clear and concise manner;
- Must have computer skills such as Word, PowerPoint, WebEx;
- Should possess a good understanding of the European decision-making process;
- Good interpersonal skills and personal presentation;
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines;
- The ability to produce work of a high standard, to use initiative and to regularly report on progress.
Terms and conditions
You will be offered a paid professional integration agreement (immersion professional) for max 6 months. Working hours are from 09:00 until 18:00 Monday to Friday with a one-hour break for lunch. The intern will be entitled to 6 days holiday plus national bank holidays.
To apply, please send a maximum two-page CV and a maximum one-page cover letter email@example.com with the subject “Healthcare Intern” by March 12, 2018
Given the size of our team and the time constraints, we will not be able to take into account applications that do not meet the essential requirements above and the page limits for the CV and cover letter. We are grateful for your understanding and your interest in EuropaBio.
Read more and apply here. (pp. 8-10)