Fellowship grants will be made available to young oncology professionals (doctors, basic scientists, oncology nurses and radiotherapy technicians) to attend the 18th ECCO – 40th ESMO European Cancer Congress.
- 15 Fellowship grants are offered to young oncology professionals from countries with lower-middle income economies as per World Bank classification
- 10 Fellowship grants are offered to young oncology professionals from Eastern European countries.
The following Member Societies will provide additional fellowship grants:
- ESMO – 3 Fellowships (applicable to ESMO members only)
- EACR – 3 Fellowships (applicable to EACR members only)
- ESSO – 3 Fellowships (applicable to ESSO members only)
- EONS – 5 Fellowships (applicable to EONS members only)
- SIOPE – 5 Fellowships (applicable to SIOPE members only)
To be considered for a fellowship grant the applicant should meet the following requirements:
- Submit an abstract for the European Cancer Congress 2015. Applicants whose abstracts have been accepted for an oral or poster presentation at the Congress will be considered first.
- The online fellowship grant application form should ONLY be submitted ONCE irrespective of the number of abstracts you submit.
- Be under the age of 40 and have a primary focus in clinical or experimental oncology
- Provide a letter of support from the Head of the Department/Organisation stating that the applicant is not the recipient of any other financial support, including a copy of the submitted abstract(s). Only a PDF file will be accepted for upload.
- Provide a two page CV (including date of birth). Only a PDF file will be accepted for upload.
- Applicants must be fluent in English.
The deadline for receipt of applications is 5 May 2015
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Each fellowship will include:
- Free registration to the congress
- Free accommodation in one of the selected hotels (maximum 3 nights)
- 500 EUR travel grant – to meet the travel expenses from Eastern European Countries
- Reimbursement of travel costs based on an apex return airfare in economy class from countries with lower-middle income economies (member societies will provide further details directly to grantees)
- Reimbursement after the Congress
Please note that the Abstract Submission is open until 28 April 2015.
Applicants will be notified by email regarding the status of their application end June 2015.
About the Congress
The Congress will take place on 25-29 September 2015
Messe Wien Exhibition & Congress Centre
1021 Vienna, Austria