Young entrepreneurs (aged 30 or under) are invited to submit inspiring initiatives that tackle the challenge of sustainable living.
A total of €200,000 in financial support and tailored mentoring will be awarded to the seven most impressive entries.
- The competition is open to individuals aged 30 years and under, from any part of the world
- Entries must fall within one or more of the categories listed below
- Entries must have grown beyond the conceptual stage to include actions the applicant has already taken – whether through informal networks, via an existing institution, or by creating a new enterprise
- Entries must involve products or practices that change behaviour to enable sustainable living
- Entries cannot be accepted from current Unilever employees, nor can entries promote Unilever or its products
- Entries must be submitted in English
One overall winner will receive the HRH The Prince of Wales Young Sustainability Entrepreneur Prize alongside a cash award of €50,000, and a tailored programme of advice and mentoring (worth €25,000).
Six finalists will also receive cash prizes of €10,000 along with mentoring support (worth €10,000).
All will benefit from exposure to a range of leading sustainability experts, entrepreneurs, and investors during the process. They will also receive recognition via Unilever’s global channels and the University of Cambridge’s network, as well as at a prestigious dinner in London in January 2014.
11/1/2013: Deadline for Ideas