BEUC, The European Consumer Organisation is looking to recruit a full-time Communications Officer to ensure the timely and effective communication of the organisation’s policy message to its different target groups and stakeholders.
– Reporting to the Head of Communications, you will be responsible for media relations activities for a number of BEUC’s priorities. These activities include drafting press releases, pitching news developments and responding to journalist requests.
– Write and edit fact sheets, website updates, position papers and other communications material.
– Ensure an active social media presence.
– Develop the entire range of communications tools and actions to help conveying our policy message to the relevant target groups.
– Manage production of publications and other communications material by coordinating the work of external suppliers.
– A solid communications background. A least 2 years professional experience in press and media work.
– You have experience in using the whole range of communications tools and applying them in target-specific situations.
– You are creative and like to brainstorm with colleagues to develop new ideas.
– You follow the newest social media developments and you have a proven track-record in applying them in a professional context.
– English native language skills, second EU language an advantage.
– Very good knowledge of the EU institutions and its political decision-making process.
– First class written and verbal communications skills. You have experience in translating policy texts into non-expert language.
– A proven interest in understanding, appreciating and articulating the consumer interest.
– At least bachelor degree.
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Application deadline: 24 August 2015