The European Social Network (ESN) is looking for a Communications and Data Officer (full-time) to deliver their communications and promote the network across Europe.
The role is based in Brighton, United Kingdom.
The role requires a keen eye for branding, marketing and design, the ability to develop and implement communications strategies, and competence in delivering and disseminating creative projects and messaging (through website, e-news, publications and films) and supporting workshops, seminars and conferences. Developing and maintaining an effective database will be a key element in this role. Working as a part of the communications team, you will report to the Chief Executive and work closely with the policy team to produce the deliverables of our annual work programme.
The duties of this post are to:
- Take forward the design, optimisation and content of the ESN website and associated digital platforms
- Ensure the production of all ESN products (publications, presentations, films, branded stationery, promotional material) and contribute to the copy-editing, proofreading and design as necessary
- Commission and work with a wide range of suppliers (print and web design agencies, photographers, filmmakers, translators)
- Develop the audiovisual library.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Keen eye for branding, marketing and design; attention to detail
- Experience in communications, advocacy, campaigns or member services
- Knowledge of coding (HTML, CSS), email marketing and CMS management, as well as CiVi CRM database maintenance
- Knowledge of SEO, web-editing, Google Analytics and social media reporting tools
- Time-management and the drive to deliver to deadlines
- The initiative and creativity to develop projects and products
- Experience of working with content and data management systems
- Knowledge of database development
- Degree-level education
- Political and cultural sensitivity
- Ability to work effectively as a part of a team
- Some knowledge and/or experience of the EU
- Understanding of the role of social welfare services
Starting salary: £23-25 000 per annum depending on skills and experience. Holiday: annual leave entitlement is 21 days plus UK statutory holidays.
Location: Brighton, United Kingdom
Application deadline: 10 July 2015