United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and Empowerment of Women (UN Women) Communications Analyst
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
The Communications Analyst works in close collaboration with the Programme, Operations and technical teams in the Georgia Country Office, Headquarters/Regional communications teams, staff of other UN Agencies, Government officials, media, multilateral and bilateral donors and civil society.
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Programme Specialist, the Communications Analyst is responsible for assisting in the planning and implementation of the Office communications and advocacy strategies to increase the standing and awareness of UN Women with partners, the media and the public.
Duties and Responsibilities
Provide technical inputs to planning and design of internal and external communications and outreach strategies:
- Conduct communications needs assessments for the Georgia CO (projects, country programme and corporate change initiatives);
- Facilitate the development of UN Women Georgia CO Communication Strategy and Action plan in compliance with the Strategic Note and Annual Work-plans of the Office;
- Facilitate the development / production of communication and advocacy instruments and materials for marketing and awareness-raising campaigns –both for UN Women and for programme partners – including preparation of briefing materials and press releases, as necessary;
- Provide inputs to reports to support the UN Women country office programme planning in regards to communication and outreach;
- Organize roundtable discussions, press conferences, and briefing sessions as needed;
- Provide inputs to programme formulation and implementation, as it relates to communication and advocacy;
- Identify reference materials for the information database and photo library.
Provide technical inputs to the development and implementation of the publications strategy and plan
- Provide inputs to the publications strategy and plan based on the corporate publications policy;
- Contribute to identifying storylines for publications and articles contributing to debates on key development issues;
- Coordinate the translation/adaptation/rewriting of information received; and the printing and dissemination of publications and audio-visual materials;
- Promote and disseminate corporate advocacy materials;
- Promote and facilitate public information campaigns on UN Women and UN system activities, as required;
- Respond to inquiries for public and UN system information materials.
Provide technical inputs to the maintenance of websites, databases and knowledge management systems:
- Contribute to the design and maintenance of UN Women Georgia Country Office website based on corporate requirements in cooperation with the ICT staff;
- Prepare and review content for the websites;
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of office databases and knowledge systems.
Provide inputs to the facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing:
- Provide inputs to the identification and synthesis of best practices and lessons learned directly linked to programme country goals and activities;
- Provide inputs to knowledge networks and communities of practice including corporate communications repositories as requested;
- Organize and assist in trainings and workshops on communications for development as appropriate;
- Represent UN Women in UNCT Communication Group and provide inputs to joint UN campaigns/ communication and visibility materials.
The key results of this post have an impact on creation of effective communications and dissemination of information about UN Women. In particular, the key results have an impact on implementation of UN Women communications and publication strategies at CO level:
- Timely and quality inputs to communication and publication strategies and materials;
- Number and quality of roundtables, press conferences, and events;
- Timely and quality inputs to reports;
- Timely dissemination of communication materials;
- Timely and quality response to media inquiries;
- Timely and quality web content.
Location: Tbilisi, GEORGIA
Application deadline: 22 March 2016