The Health & Environment Alliance (HEAL) is recruiting an experienced chemicals policy officer to contribute to/lead HEAL’s policy advocacy and campaigns work on the health implications of everyday exposure to hazardous chemicals.
Principal duties and responsibilities will involve:
– Analysis, Research & Strategic development of “toxic chemicals” policy work
– Advocacy & Representation
– Communication including presentation of scientific evidence
– Campaigning, Education, Outreach & Liaison
– University degree and a minimum of 5 years’ relevant advocacy experience in public health, environmental or chemicals policy
– Clear understanding of EU and/or national policy processes on environmental health
– Experience of campaign and media work
– Excellent writing skills and ability to quickly synthesize technical scientific discussions accurately for a non-scientific audience
– Proven coordination and networking experience in EU and/or national networks
– Fluent written and spoken English and one more EU language; others an asset
– Excellent interpersonal and team-working skills, flexibility and reliability
– Willingness to travel
– Experience in the public interest non-governmental sector desired
Deadline: Open until filled.
Read more and apply here.