European Youth Press (EYP), network of young media makers, is seeking a motivated part-time communication officer. This person will be hired on a part-time, freelance basis (42 hours/month), starting March 2016 and paid a monthly gross salary of 450 Euros. Preferable place of work will be Berlin.
In order to apply, you should have experience in media and be a student or a recent graduate in a relevant field of study to the announced position.
The communication officer will report to the Executive Board and work on a main communication strategy for the organisation, develop concepts for brochures and press releases and participate in the day-to-day work of the secretariat. One of his/her main tasks will be to implement communication actions for a current running project about youth policy.
- Demonstrated experience of 2-3 years in the field of media and journalism and/or Public Relations
- Experience in non-governmental organisations, preferably on a European level
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Experience in communication strategy development and implementation
- Organised and able to fulfill his/her tasks independently
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite is a plus
- Knowledge of German language is an asset
- At least a Bachelor’s degree.
What they offer:
- Working experience in an international environment
- A part-time position in Berlin on a freelance basis
- The possibility to work independently and the opportunity to participate in some of European Youth Press’ events across Europe
- The possibility to create an innovative and forward-looking social media and communication concept and strategy for the organisation
- The possibility to be part of a vibrant network of young media makers
The candidate should show flexibility, personal commitment and motivation in supporting activities organised by the EYP. Further we wish for the candidate to be a team player and have experience in managing multicultural and multilingual teams. Previous acquaintance with the work of EYP is desirable. We offer an interesting and international working environment in a small, young and efficient team, with flexible and independent work.
Application that will be taken in account should include:
- A motivation letter (max. 500 words).
- A CV including two references (max two pages).
Please note that we will only consider applications written in English. Any questions about the position can be directed to email@example.com.
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject: Application Communication Officer) until March 20, 2016 at 23:59 CET. Applications submitted later will not be considered. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an online interview. All applicants will be notified about the selection results.