Post number: 241526
Place of employment: Belgium
Function Group: IV
Unit: NEAR C
Contact point: NEAR-C@ec.europa.eu
Deadline for application: 30/12/2017
Application: Send applications to: NEAR-C@ec.europa.eu
CONTRACT AGENT FGIV
Administrative Officer – to the Director
Operational, Administrative and Secretarial Assistance
Administrative officer to the Director. Under the supervision of the Director, to support the Directorate and coordination of directorate wide exercises covering policy, financial management and management of Human Resources.
Functions and duties
+ (BUSINESS) MANAGEMENT and PLANNING – Assistance to the Director
• Ensure the Directors office’s efficient and effective functioning by clear distribution of tasks and timely processing offiles.
• Prepare, organise and follow-up the weekly Heads of Unit meeting of the Directorate and other meetings within the Directorate as requested.
• Monitor key deadlines within the Directorate and manage the Directorate’s mission budget.
+ HORIZONTAL COORDINATION – Coordination within the Directorate and with other services
• Coordinate and prepare the Directorate input to the SPP cycle (e.g. AMP, AAR, EAMR, AOSD, Report to the Commissioner, financial execution reports, etc.).
• Coordinate general aspects and follow-up regarding KPIs for the Directorate, regularly informing the Director and Heads of Units of deviations from forecasts and KPIs.
• Coordinate the Directorate’s participation to horizontal exercises, working groups, committees, etc. In this context, coordinate the preparation of the Directorate’s contributions and represent the Directorate’s views as requested by the Director.
• Ensure the timely participation of the Directorate to interservice consultations within the Commission.
+ HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT – Support to the implementation of the Human Resource Policies
• Assist the Director in the strategic planning & analysis of staff needs and available resources. Liaise with the AMC and HRBC on matters related to the Directorate’s human resources management.
• Contribute as requested by the Director in assisting Units to plan and carry out human resource management processes, such as recruitment, renewals, trainings, introduction of newly hired colleagues, etc.
• Monitor compliance of the Directorate’s units with internal control standards related to human resource management (ISC 1 to 4).
• Ensure that infrastructure and logistics needs of the Directorate are covered in liaison with the Resources Directorate.
+ INTERNAL CONTROL – INTERNAL CONTROL RISK and AUDIT
• Act as the Directorate Risk Coordinator. Coordinate horizontal risk management exercises within the Directorate and ensure follow-up. Assist the Director in the review and update of the Directorate risk register.
• Liaise with horizontal directorates regarding internal control, anti-fraud, risk and audit matters.
• Act as the Directorate OLAF focal point. Coordinate the Directorate’s follow-up of relevant ECA, IAS and IAC reports & recommendations.
+ BUDGET and FINANCE – BUDGET. FINANCE. CONTRACTS and ACCOUNTING
• Review financial files (Financing Agreements, addendums, Commission Implementing Regulations, etc.) for the signature or visa of the Director.
• Assist the Director with ABB/ABM and budget planning exercises.
+ DOCUMENT MANAGEMENT-INFORMATION and DOCUMENT MANAGEMENT – Document management (Staff level)
• Correctly apply the Commission’s document management rules to the documents for which responsibility is held; ensure in particular the correct registration and filing of these documents.
Job-Related experience: at least 2 years
English C1 C1 C1 C1 C1