GSK offers a number of placements available across two key areas: either within the broader communications function or specifically within digital communications.
The Digital Communications IP role offers the successful candidate an opportunity to help to drive GSK’s digital engagement around the world.
The digital communications team within Corporate Communications manages GSK’s corporate digital channels including GSK.com, Twitter, YouTube, Facebook and Flickr.
Some of the key activities that the student would get involved in are:
- Help to develop and maintain the company’s external corporate websites
- Provide expertise and insight into web-based communications and technologies
- Liaise with GSK’s digital communications contacts around the world
- Help to monitor and reply to comments and questions in GSK’s Facebook page and Twitter account
- Design and create interactive elements, images and infographics
The placements offer the opportunity to work with our various teams to support the communications requirements of the business both internally and externally. In Consumer Healthcare, you could develop brand campaigns for some of the world’s leading household brands including Panadol, Beechams, Sensodyne and Aquafresh. In Pharmaceuticals, you might develop campaigns to raise awareness of healthcare products and initiatives including the charitable programmes GSK supports to raise healthcare standards globally. In corporate communications, you could be enhancing GSK’s reputation through reporting or media relations.
Here are some of the activities you could be involved in:
- drafting news stories, case studies and features for internal and external communications channels
- writing, designing and giving presentations
- co-ordinating events and webcasts for internal and external communications activities
- preparing PR campaigns and events
- managing, designing and writing employee intranet sites
- co-ordinating the filming and editing of videos
- auditing communications activities and making recommendations
- carrying out research for specific initiatives
- working with community partnerships and corporate responsibility teams to build understanding of the GSK work
Applications are now open for placements starting in 2014.