Under the overall guidance of the oPt Special Representative and in close cooperation with both the Programme Coordinator and Operations Manager, the consultants will be performing the following tasks:
- Initiate a self-assessment exercise for the UNW Palestine office, covering programmatic and operational areas.
- Based on the results of the assessment exercise, the consultant will design, lead and implement a risk assessment exercise for the UNW Palestine office following the recent delegation of authority;
- Identify significant programmatic and operational risks (incl., environmental, financial, operational, organizational, political, regulatory, strategic and reputational) that have the greatest exposure to inefficiencies, ineffectiveness, fraud, waste, abuse and mismanagement;
- Identify and prioritize the possible risks (including its implications) and provide recommendations for addressing and acting on these risks;
- Advise on internal controls and checks (both programmatic and operational) for acting on the identified risks to enhance office’s accountability and efficiency;
- Advise on monitoring actions to be implemented to ensure systematic mitigation of risks;
- Based on the above, develop a risk management system that embeds effective risk management into the office’s culture;
- Assess changes in risk management before and after DoA;
- Assess programmatic and operational compliance to UN Women rules and regulations and donor requirements.
- Assess UN Women’s Internal Audit preparedness on both operational and programmatic levels;
- Record and report on the findings; submit end of assignment report summarizing the above tasks;
- Perform other duties as required.
Location: Jerusalem and home based
Application Deadline: 16-Aug-13
Read more and apply here.