University of Copenhagen invites applications for a fully funded PhD scholarship in human-computer interaction and information visualization.
The candidate will work at the Human-Centered Computing Group at University of Copenhagen in a research center that offers a unique opportunity to do visualization research in collaboration with leading companies in bio-based production.
The candidate will be working in the BIOPRO2 research center (BIO-based PROduction: Towards the next generation of optimized and sustainable processes, http://biopro.nu).
The scholarship is funded by Innovation Fund Denmark and will be carried out at the Human-Centered Computing Section at Department of Computer Science, University of Copenhagen in collaboration between Technical University of Denmark, University of Copenhagen, and world-leading companies in bio-based production.
The PhD candidate will be doing user-centered design of visualizations of sensor data and models in bio-based production systems. This relates primarily to research in human-computer interaction, information visualization, and visual analytics. The PhD student will develop prototypes that visualize data efficiently for different stakeholders and evaluate the visualizations both in laboratory studies and in field deployment within the companies.
Successful candidates must:
* Have a Master’s degree in computer science or a field providing equivalent qualifications.
* Have completed a Master’s thesis within human-computer interaction, information visualization, visual analytics, or similar topic.
* Have the ability to work independently within an interdisciplinary team and in collaboration with company stakeholders.
* If candidates have graduated more than 2 years ago, they must document work experience relevant to the objectives and qualifications mentioned above for the interim period.
* Be proficient in English, both in speaking and writing.
Additionally, candidates need to stand out in at least one of the following key criteria of excellence used for the assessment:
* Grades that document an outstanding academic record
* Scientific publication(s) in recognized, peer-reviewed venues
* Awards and honors
* Professional qualifications and work experience
Salary: Approximately EUR 3,800 per month including pension savings
Application deadline: 2 October 2015