Officer – Sustainable Economy and Procurement (2 positions)
Start date: March 2015
Duration: 2 years (extension envisaged)
Deadline for application: 15 January 2015
ICLEI – Local Governments for Sustainability is an association of 1,200 local governments in 68 countries that are dedicated to sustainable development. It has 15 offices servicing its members while developing innovative projects and events and is an international notfor-profit association and network perceived as the international representative of cities for sustainability. The European Secretariat is based in Freiburg, Germany.
The European Secretariat of ICLEI – Local Governments for Sustainability seeks to fill the position of Officer within its Sustainable Economy and Procurement team.
ICLEI has been working on sustainable procurement and the economy for over 18 years – helping support public authorities in implementation, spreading awareness of the concept, developing new approaches, and encouraging policy developments at the European and international level.
Tasks and responsibilities:
• Oversee the development and implementation of small or medium sized projects on sustainable procurement and/or the green economy.
• Responsible for work planning related to small or medium sized projects.
• Support the development and implementation of ICLEI’s Sustainable Procurement Campaign – Procura+ (www.procuraplus.org).
• Develop reports and guidance on the topics such as sustainable procurement and the green economy.
• Support public authorities in developing and implementing sustainable procurement
practices, policies and strategies.
• Undertake research, develop case studies and disseminate information to improve knowledge and skills on sustainable procurement and the green economy.
• Develop partnerships and joint working with a variety of organisations including businesses.
• Organise events (e.g. meetings, workshops, training seminars and conferences).
• Research funding opportunities and write project proposals.
• Represent the Sustainable Economy and Procurement team at events and undertake presentations as necessary
• Limited contract, duration from March 2015 until February 2017 with a view to extending.
• Corridor contract variable between 80-100% of a full-time position with a gross salary according to Officer position in ICLEI’s salary grid (indicative: €39,500 – €44,300 per annum for 100%). Foreseen to start at 100% of full-time position.
• Place of work: ICLEI European Secretariat, Freiburg, Germany.
• Workings hours: 40 h/week, six weeks of paid leave per annum.
• Working language: English.
• Readiness for frequent travel.
• Applicants must – due to legal reasons – hold EU citizenship or valid EU residence permit and a valid German work permit. Applications not meeting these conditions can unfortunately not be considered.
• Interviews will take place between Monday 26 January and Friday 6 February.