“Support to the Civil Service Commission under the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan in implementation of the Institutional Reform Plan within the Comprehensive Institutional Building Program” project is a part of Institutional Reform Plan 3 (IRP3) “Strengthening civil service training in Azerbaijan with a focus on EU affairs” aims at strengthening the core institutions involved into the negotiations and implementations of the EU-Azerbaijan Association Agreement.
The overall objective of the project is to strengthen the capacities of the CSC with regard to management and coordination of civil servants training and professional development function across state bodies and leading to the development and implementation of training strategy and training policies.
The project will focus on two specific objectives:
- Support CSC in establishment and capacity building of its Strategy & Training Unit and Training Centre through assessment of available staff resources of the CSC, improvement of legislation, creation of facilities and resources required for full operation of the Training Center, as well as support in staffing process, development of internal procedures for the Center and developing of training programs.
- Strengthen the institutional capacities of CSC to lead and coordinate the civil servants training and to provide the methodological assistance to state bodies and other training centers. For this purpose it is planned to establish the library used by CSC as a resource center that will concentrate and provide access to the various type of training information required for professional development of civil servants.
Duties and Responsibilities
Scope of work:
The expert will contribute to the goal of the assignment and project objective through technical and organizational advice in her/ his capacity as an experienced expert(s)/consultancy in the development of legal acts. The expert will perform the following tasks:
- Analyze existing civil service legislation with regard to capacity development measures for civil servants.
- Review the Report on revision of the legislation provided by CSC.
- Review the drafted chapters and articles of the Civil Service Code regulating the development, trainings and professional education of civil servants.
- Provide comments and recommendations with the view of the findings from the legislation review.
- Present the report on the work done for feedback and endorsement by CSC and UNDP.
The assignment must have the following deliverables:
- Comments and recommendations on the drafted chapters and articles of the Civil Service Code regulating development, trainings and professional education of civil servants.
- Provide a full report on the completed work.
Location: Baku, AZERBAIJAN
Application deadline: 01 June 2015