Head of IT Service Delivery Section (Grade A1/A2)
Directorate General of Democracy (DG II)
European Directorate for the Quality of Medicines & HealthCare (EDQM)
* External recruitment procedure organised in accordance with Article 15B of the Regulations on Appointments
Under the authority of the Director of the European Directorate for the Quality of Medicines & HealthCare (EDQM) and the Head of the Department for Publications and Multimedia (DPM), the post-holder ensures efficient management of the IT Service Delivery Section in compliance with relevant mandates, regulations and Council of Europe values.
The incumbent performs the following key duties:
· Leads and manages the IT Service Delivery Section’s activities including supervising and coaching of the following teams:
- the Infrastructure support team in charge of development and maintenance of EDQM’s technical architecture and its security;
- the Helpdesk team providing efficient and effective ICT support in-person, by telephone and in writing to internal and external clients of EDQM;
- application support team providing technical maintenance for EDQM applications
- the Product Support & Quality team in charge of application testing, documentation and ICT training coordination;
· Ensures efficient and effective relationship with internal clients, identifying client needs and ensuring that external service providers are able to meet these needs with an appropriate catalogue of services.
· Advising and participating in defining the direction, objectives and scope of ICT projects, and managing ICT projects in support of EDQM’s strategic objectives; participating in defining and analysing the client’s requirements from financial, functional, and technical perspectives; contributing to the related tendering and purchasing of services; and ensuring the effective use of technology in day-to-day operations.
· Defining, monitoring and following up on service levels for outsourced activities, most notably maintenance of client computing;
· Overseeing the EDQM’s IT disaster recovery efforts including undertaking official journeys to the disaster recovery site;
· Participates in the EDQM’s « stand-by » team for crisis management purposes;
· Reports on the results achieved, on further requirements, risks and opportunities, and translates them into concrete targets, often via the department’s project management unit.
Please note that the incumbent may be required to perform other duties not listed in the vacancy notice.
Publications & Multimedia Department (DPM)
Location : Strasbourg, France
Closing date: 14 March 2016