Creative Content | Digital Innovation | Social Entrepreneurship
Digital Changemakers working on a better Future
6 Goals to make a Change
2. Demonstrating young people’s creative potential and entrepreneurial spirit.
3. Taking action on Europe’s most pressing issues such as employment, resource management, health, education, urban development, cultural diversity and social inclusion.
4. Contributing to the progress towards the goals defined for Europe 2020 and by the Council of Europe.
5. Connecting next generation IT pioneers with experienced experts from business, technology, education and science.
6. Encouraging inspiration and international exchange of knowledge, ideas and visions.
Who can participate and maybe become EYA Young Digital Champion 2015?
People who fulfil the following criteria are eligible to participate in the competition:
• Creative minds under 30 (born after January 1, 1985)
• living in one of the member states of the European Union or Council of Europe
• who have produced an outstanding, innovative digital project with social value.
EYA Festival: a Hotspot for Innovation and Future Visions
Europe’s ICT elite meets at this unique networking event held in Graz, City of Design & Human Rights, this November. The festival comprises a three-day conference and a gala ceremony.
• EYA Winners present their inspiring projects and receive feedback from Europe’s most vibrant and lively digital community and engaged students.
• IT pioneers, expert speakers and experienced entrepreneurs share their experience and know-how in keynotes and interactive workshops.
• Smart people exchange and discuss innovative ideas and future cooperation at networking events in a creative environment.
• The festival reaches its climax in an evening of excellence when the winning teams are honoured and celebrated on an international stage (EYA Gala Ceremony).
About the EYA contest
The European Youth Award is a pan-European competition among socially committed and creative entrepreneurs, start-ups, designers, producers, application developers, journalists, writers, students… under the age of 30 who use Internet and Mobile technology to create social impact.
- The project, product or application entering the contest must be mainly initiated and executed by young people under the age of 30 (born on or after January 1, 1985) from one of the member states of the Council of Europe, Belarus or Kosovo.
(Eligible countries: Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Republic of Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russian Federation, San Marino, Serbia, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom and Belarus, Kosovo).
- Registrants to the contest must hold intellectual property rights to the work submitted and be legal originator of the creative project, product or application. They also must have the rights to use the music, sound or audio components used in their project.
- With the registration, contest participants accept the rules of the EYA contest as stated in this document. Any and all legal recourse to rules, actions and conditions of the EYA are entirely excluded.
Deadline for project submission: July 15, 2015