Ars Electronica Linz GmbH, a wholly owned subsidiary of the City of Linz, consists of the following divisions: Ars Electronica Festival-Prix-Exhibitions, Ars Electronica Center, Ars Electronica Futurelab and Ars Electronica Solutions, as well as Management Services. Staff includes more than 250 employees from throughout the world, whose skills and dedication contribute daily to Ars Electronica’s outstanding international reputation.
The Ars Electronica Futurelab has an opening for regular employment beginning immediately as a Content & Social Media Manager / Editor (Number of hours / week: 40).
Your job description:
You will be responsible for creating content for corporate communications promoting the Ars Electronica Futurelab as well as documentation of projects currently in progress including the composition of informative project descriptions and blog postings. Specifically, your responsibilities will entail management of the Futurelab’s various media channels, operative social media communication, editorial planning and staging of social media activities, creation of content for the Futurelab’s website, as well as active involvement in Futurelab projects in the form of conception, substantive research, copywriting support and picture editing.
You possess the following qualifications, skills and qualities:
- Successful completion of academic studies in this field and/or experience as an editor/copywriter
- Professional experience in content management and with social media
- Solid experience in community management
- Strong interest in digital communication and an aptitude for digital media
- Keen interest in topics having to do with technology, art and the future
- An impressive writing style and a very good feel for language
- Flawless command of German spelling and grammar
- Very good command of English, both written and spoken
- Experience with WordPress and/or other CMSs is highly desirable
- Experience in photography and/or video production
- A detail-oriented, independent and structured way of working
- The ability to work in a team and to handle stress
The gross salary (before deductions) computed on the basis of 40 hours/week will be a minimum of € 2.158,30/month.
Location: Linz, Austria
Application deadline: 22 June 2015