The College of Europe is seeking candidates for the “EP-Geremek European Civilisation Chair”
created by the European Parliament in honour of the late Professor Bronisław Geremek. The Chair consists of a part-time professorship for the period of 2014 – 2017, with a starting date of 1 June or 1 July 2014. The Chair is based at the Natolin campus of the College of Europe in Warsaw.
The Chair will focus on European history envisaged from a pan-European perspective, with a special emphasis on the 19thand 20th centuries.
- A PhD in history.
- A proven track record of research and publications in the area of recent European history.
- A significant experience in teaching at postgraduate level and in the supervision of Master’s theses.
- A very good command of English and French.
- A demonstrated ability to work in an interdisciplinary environment.
- The initial contract will be of a three-year duration.
- Competitive salary.
- The Chair will benefit from a secretariat and research assistance.
- The College will provide accommodation during the period the Chairholder is required to stay in Natolin and will support the cost of roundtrip travels between the European country of residence and Natolin.
Application deadline: 20 February 2014