We are looking for an Investor Relations trainee to support the ESM’s funding activities for six months beginning ideally in April 2018.
S/he will report to the Head of Funding and Investor Relations. The successful candidate will help the Investor Relations Officers in building and maintaining strong professional relationships with institutional bond investors, banks, and other fixed income market participants.
If you are looking to work in an innovative environment, one that helps to safeguard the financial stability of the euro area, the ESM is looking for candidates to join its team as a trainee. We invite motivated candidates from diverse backgrounds to learn how the ESM works, while contributing to its inspirational mission. We are offering you the opportunity to improve your skills and gain experience in an international environment.
The European Stability Mechanism (ESM) is the crisis resolution mechanism for euro area countries. It provides financial assistance to its Members facing financial stability problems, and issues debt instruments to fund this financial support.
The ESM is a unique place to work with around 170 individuals committed to making a difference to the future of the euro area. It recruits talented professionals of all nationalities from both the private and public sector.
- Maintain and update the Investor Relations website
- Maintain, update, and develop investor presentations
- Organise meetings and roadshows
- Manage, update, and maintain data in internal databases (Excel/Access)
- Respond to requests and questions from investors and banks
- Provide regular market intelligence on the investor universe
- Manage communications with investors and the EFSF/ESM market group
- Provide written input to ESM internal stakeholders on funding and market-related activities
KEY BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE
To be eligible for an ESM traineeship, candidates must have:
- at least a bachelor’s degree in a discipline related to the ESM’s work. Master’s degree holders are preferred.
- knowledge of capital markets, the financial sector, and European institutions. Some experience ideally in sales or origination would be an asset.
- an excellent command of English, both written and oral. Additional languages would be an asset.
- strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- experience in using website CRM.
- good MS Office skills (including Access), especially Power Point.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to liaise successfully with internal and external parties, institutional investors, and banks of the EFSF/ESM market group
- Proactive, self-confident, and outgoing personality
- Self-starter with a strong sense of responsibility
APPLICATION PROCESS AND PRACTICAL INFORMATION
- Deadline for application: 14 February 2018
- Expected start date: 15 April 2018 or earlier if candidate’s availability allows
- Duration: 6 months
Note: Please make sure your availability clearly appears in your cover letter.
The ESM aims to provide equal opportunity to all candidates irrespective of their gender, nationality, age, race, culture, education, religious beliefs, sexual orientation or disability. To further enhance the diversity of our workforce, we particularly encourage women to apply