Team member International Relations
GROUP T- International Engineering Academy – KU Leuven promotes the growth and development of the international character and the international programmes of GROUP T – International Engineering School – KU Leuven.
Existing international cooperation agreements are managed and new co-operations are developed with partner universities in the priority regions of India, China, Ethiopia and the Mekong region.
More than 15% of the student population on campus GROUP T are international students. They represent more than 30 different nationalities from all around the world. Such an international environment is the perfect breeding ground for GROUP T engineering students to broaden their horizons and to be introduced to other cultures.
- You will be responsible for managing and distributing information related to the English industrial engineering and post-graduate programmes. Consequently, you will process the information requests relating to the English industrial engineering and post-graduate programmes. As web assistant for the Chinese GROUP T website, you will manage design and translations and you will furthermore tend to the Chinese translation of the information brochures.
- You will coordinate the new study applications of international GROUP T students (with special regard for international scholarship students) from the partner universities of the priority regions. Consequently, you will coordinate the administration relating to new applications and you will also manage scholarship applications.
- You will be responsible for providing administrative support for the international enrolment activities relating to the English industrial engineering and post-graduate programmes. Consequently, you will support the organisation of strategic recruitment missions to partner countries and organise the reception of foreign delegations (professors and/or students).
- You will be responsible for the administrative support of the international study trips and exchange activities organised for the students. Consequently, you will follow up on student exchanges and provide administrative support to the organisation of the international study trips for the engineering students.
- You will be responsible for the personal reception and the personal support of international students and for the coordination of their study progress evaluation. You will furthermore provide support for accommodation and student jobs. You will ensure a maximum integration of the international and the Flemish students and you are the permanent contact person for the international students.
- You are mentor of international students and you will have a limited education assignment (Java exercises), in the English academic bachelor programmes.
- You will provide the administrative support for the further development of the international alumni programme and, to this end, you will manage the database of the international GROUP T alumni network.