Study or Project Management Assistant for Buildings and Installations (Grade B4)
Directorate General of Administration
Directorate of Logisctics
Turnover profiles are specific roles where it is considered to be in the best interests of the Organisation to have a consistent rotation of staff. Turnover profiles offer once-only opportunities under this scheme and the total duration of employment cannot exceed five years.
Staff members or former staff members who are or have previously been employed in the framework of the Junior Professional Programme or Turnover Profiles will not be eligible again for any of the profiles under these schemes. The Council of Europe reserves the right to assess the admissibility of candidates who are or have previously been employed with the Organisation according to their contractual situation at the closing date of this competition.
The Council of Europe is currently establishing a Capital Master Plan for its buildings in Strasbourg and Paris.
The Capital Master Plan is a planning and technical and property management tool drawn up for the following major objectives: to ensure the continuity of activities in the Council of Europe, conserve and enhance the Organisation’s buildings, optimise upkeep and maintenance costs, and ensure the safety of both property and individuals.
In this context, the Directorate of Logistics wishes to reinforce the technical team in charge of overseeing studies and monitoring the implementation of Capital Master Plan projects by recruiting a building technical project manager.
Under the authority of the Head of the Studies and Projects Division of the Buildings and Installations Department of the Directorate of Logistics, the incumbent will be expected to manage activities relating to the real estate investment studies and projects for which the Division is responsible.
The incumbent will be expected to perform all or a combination of the following duties:
– conduct studies or co-ordinate outsourced real estate or technical project studies that are part of the Directorates programme of work;
– supervise outsourced studies and projects; ensure that deadlines are met and projects kept within the assigned budgets;
– ensure that work in progress is properly executed and intervene if necessary;
– monitor and ensure compliance with the purchasing processes relating to the studies or projects for which he/she is responsible;
– report to the line manager on results and on any relevant problems or external factors that might impact on the proper completion of studies and projects;
– fully integrate the team and replace absent colleagues where necessary.
Please note that the incumbent may be required to perform other duties not listed in the vacancy notice.
Location : Strasbourg, France
Closing date: 07 July 2015