European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA) is organising a selection procedure for one available position of Senior Policy Expert within the Credit Ratin Agencies (CRA) Policy team, in the Investment and Reporting Division.
CRA policy activities:
- draft Regulatory Technical Standards (RTS) and Technical Advice (TA) for the European Commission
- equivalence and endorsement assessments of non-EU countries’ regulatory systems);
- liaison with other European Supervisory Authorities and international organisations;
- draft guidelines/recommendations and Q&A.
Under the supervision of the Head of Division, the successful candidate will be responsible for contributing to, and possible coordination of, the policy activities of ESMA in the area of Credit Rating Agencies. This will include in particular:
- Drafting consultation papers, guidelines and Q&As;
- Assessing of 3d-country legal and regulatory framework under Art. 4 and 5 of the CRA Regulation;
- Coordinating relevant ESMA committees on CRAs;
- Representing ESMA at IOSCO C6 Committee on Credit Rating Agencies;
- Representing ESMA in internal external events/meetings and development of relationship with relevant stakeholders;
- Any other tasks assigned by the Head of Division when needed.
Depending of the profile of the candidate, the position may also entail:
- Coordinating the development of regulatory technical standards under the CRA Regula-tion.
- Maintaining effective cooperation and communication with the CRA unit, across ESMA as a whole and with relevant stakeholders.
Monthly basic salary: 8,392 € at step 1 (minimum 12 years of professional experience after obtaining minimum qualifications) or 8,744 € at step 2 (minimum 15 years of professional experience after obtaining minimum qualifications), plus specific allowances , where applicable
Location: Paris, France
Application deadline: 9 September 2015