The European Social Observatory (Observatoire social européen, OSE) is a multidisciplinary centre for applied research on the social dimension of European integration. It has a forward-looking approach, identifying and analysing issues as they emerge on the policy agenda of the European Union and its Member States. The OSE provides a learning environment for each of its team members — researchers, administrative staff and regular interns — and encourages them to make their own mark on the journey of the institute.
With a view to permanently reinforcing its multilingual team situated in Brussels, the European Social Observatory is hiring (spring 2017) a half-time experienced researcher in the area of social protection and labour market.
The candidates should have:
– A PhD in economics, sociology, law or political science; or at least five years of relevant research experience;
– Proven skills in comparative social policy analysis in the broad area of social protection and its interaction with labour market policies;
– A strong interest in social policy-making, both at the national and European level;
– Skills in the use of both quantitative and qualitative techniques of research;
– Strong analytical capacity and problem-solving skills;
– Skills in evaluation methodologies (of social and labour market policies) are an important additional asset;
– Excellent English speaking, reading and writing skills.
Deadline: 1 March 2017
Read more and apply here.