Project Manager (Grade A1/A2)
Office of the Directorate General of Programmes
Office in Ankara
Under the authority of the Head of Office, and the supervision of the Head of the South East Europe and Turkey Unit within the Human Rights Policy and Cooperation Department, the incumbent carries out multiple assignments to meet the overall and specific objectives for the implementation of the European Union/Council of Europe Joint Programme ‘Strengthening the Capacity of Bar Associations and Lawyers on European Human Rights Standards – BARI’, in co-operation with the donors, partners and other stakeholders, and in compliance with the organisation’s regulations and/or donor requirements.
The incumbent is expected to establish good working relations with representatives of the government, public authorities and the judiciary. She/he may be required to travel within Turkey and internationally and needs a valid passport with no restrictions for travelling abroad.
Employment is conditioned by the signature of an Agreement with the European Union and is limited to the duration of the Project (36 months).
The incumbent shall perform the following tasks in accordance with the Organisation’s procedures, guidelines and priorities, with a concern for quality, efficiency, accuracy and confidentiality:
- ensures the overall management and implementation of the Action, in full cooperation with the Project Coordinator in headquarters;
- plans and manages financial resources allocated to activities of the Action;
- assists the beneficiaries for the overall programming, coordination and implementation of activities;
- mobilises and manages the international and local teams of consultants, delivering of all the Action’s inputs in a timely and effective manner in line with the EU and CoE rules and procedures;
- liaises with partners, donors and national stakeholders;
- ensures the preparation of necessary documents and agendas for meetings and working groups, as well as chairing and facilitating them;
- takes the lead in implementing single activities and coordinating the input from consultants;
- designs documents/ materials and meeting programmes for the Beneficiaries;
- advises the partners/Beneficiaries on any issue likely to affect negatively the financial resources or the scope of the activities foreseen;
- prepares the Steering Committee meetings and periodical management meetings with partners;
- implements all the aspects related to the Action’s publicity and visibility;
- assists the Project Coordinator in headquarters in the preparation of monitoring and evaluation of the results and impact;
- organises and manages the work of the Project team; distributes tasks, provides advice and supervision to the team members on the accomplishment of their tasks;
- contributes to the efficient functioning of the office in collaboration with the Head of Office and the direct Project management in headquarters;
- undertakes official journeys in connection with activities described above.
Please note that the incumbent may be required to perform other duties not listed in the vacancy notice.
Closing date: 26 March 2018
Location : Ankara, Turkey